EXTRA FLU PRECAUTIONS NOW IN PLACE
PLEASE CHECK IN FOR A MANDATORY TEMPERATURE CHECK.
Dear patients and visitors,
Due to high flu activity, Kaiser Permanente is taking extra precautions. Please help us keep our patients safe by cooperating with the following measures:
- Effective immediately, all Moanalua Medical Center patients/members and visitors will have their temperature checked on the first floor of the lobby.
- Children under the age of 14 will not be allowed in inpatient units in the hospital.
- Anyone who has any of the following signs or symptoms of flu are not allowed in the hospital’s patient care areas:
- Fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults
- Hand sanitize upon entry to patient care units.
Additionally, we are temporarily reducing our visiting hours in order to further prevent the spread of influenza. Effective today, visiting hours will be from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
Mahalo for your understanding. We appreciate your cooperation in helping to protect the safety and well-being of our patients, members, visitors, and staff.